Since weight loss is truly a complex, multifaceted problem. Only by identifying and treating all factors involved can patients achieve the permanent weight loss they desire.
1. Food allergies - identified by expensive, non-covered labs. We can approximate by following a blood-type specific diet that avoids foods that block insulin and/or cause weight gain.
2. Balancing brain chemistry with nutrients, hormones, and pharmaceuticals prevents food cravings and minimizes stress.
3. Balancing hormones, which takes about 6-12 months to achieve.
4. Sleep deprivation - causes abnormal cortisol and inhibits the thyroid. Must get 7-8 hours per night.
5. Adequate fluid intake – must intake half of your body weight per day in ounces.
6. Aerobic and weight lifting 3-5 times per week.
7. Adequate fiber intake - 8- 10 grams of total fiber per day, preferably with organic foods
8. If not successful with the above, check stool for yeast overgrowth and treat.
Finally, in a more metaphysical sense, call it spiritual, you must VISUALIZE YOURSELF AS SLENDER, and congratulate yourself on making progress! Focusing on the negative only keeps your goal further away.
Your life is truly what you think it is!!! Remember, the only thing you can really control is INSIDE YOUR OWN HEAD. Basing your happiness on someone else and doing what you think THEY should is a recipe for unhappiness. God gave us our emotions to guide us. If what you are thinking or doing gives you joy, then keep on that track!
BUT if what you are thinking or doing causes unhappy thoughts, that is your guide that you are off track, and you need to redirect your thoughts and actions toward that which causes you joy. Much suffering is self-inflicted by negative thought, and with practice, you can change!!